Benefits of using Collagen:
- Collagen makes up 75% of the skin’s dry mass skin content. As a key component of the skin’s structure, collagen fibres also provide the infrastructure for elastin, which maintains the skin’s elasticity and for hyaluronic acid to trap moisture.
- As we age, the number and activity of skin cells that produce collagen decreases, the skin then becomes dry and thinner as the collagen network that provides skin firmness and structure starts to break down.
- Clinical trials showed that collagen peptide (Peptan) consumption effectively improved skin structure. The fragmentation of collagen in the deep layers of the skin was reduced already after 4 weeks and decreased by 31% after 12 weeks. At the same time, the density of the collagen layer increased, providing more strength to the skin. Peptan Collagen further increased skin moisture by 28% after 8 weeks.
- This restructuring of the skin is key to bringing anti-ageing benefits and a more youthful appearance.
- Collagen represents around 90% organic bone mass and provides a flexible framework to which calcium is added to provide strength.
- A cycle of continuous bone formation and breakdown replaces approximately 15% of bone mass in healthy adults each year. When this balance tips towards faster bone loss and slower bone formation, the bone density decreases leaving the bone more fragile.
- Collagen peptides (Peptan) are demonstrated in scientific studies to promote bone health by stimulating bone renewal, maintaining bone mineral density and improving bone solidity and strength.
- Collagen fibres makeup, up to 70% of dry cartilage mass and are responsible for its structure and strength. Ageing and high impact sports can cause wear and tear to the cartilage. This can lead to joint discomfort, tenderness, stiffness and locking.
- Collagen peptides (Peptan) have been proven to stimulate cartilage cell synthesis, producing increased aggrecan and collagen.
- Clinical studies showed that an intake of Collagen can reduce joint discomfort and improve joint flexibility and function.
- Hair & Nails:
- Collagen provides the structural foundation for hair and nails. When collagen peptides are ingested, the amino acids are absorbed and used by the hair follicle cells to produce keratin protein for healthy hair.
- Finger- and toenails are also made of keratin and rest on a nail bed made of the skin dermis.
- Post work out recovery:
- To ensure optimum muscle regeneration, physically active people need a sufficient availability of amino acids to enable muscle synthesis during recovery. A high protein diet just after exercise may enhance muscle anabolism, replace lost proteins, help maintain and restore the protein content of the muscles while also reduce the recovery time.
- Satiety Effect:
- Collagen peptides are an excellent protein source to control appetite and moderate cravings.
How do I use Collagen?
- In order to continuously boost the production of collagen in the body, it is recommended to consume collagen peptides on a daily basis.
Peptan Collagen is easy to use and is perfect for those of you looking for convenient, easily consumed and innovative delivery formats that can fit in with your daily routines.
It is highly soluble in cold water and you can blend the collagen powder in any types of drinks such as smoothies, dairy and more.
It has a neutral in taste and odour and can be easily integrated in any kind of recipes you like.
It is heat resistant. Whether it’s for adding in soup, hot chocolate or even for home-baked cake, you will enjoy the same health benefits.
- Recommended dosage: 2 x tablespoons daily.
- Most studies show positive health effects on skin and joints within 1-3 months of daily intake. However, it is vital to keep up a regimen of daily collagen intake to ensure efficient metabolism and optimal effects.