Smart Gut is pure Oligiofructose-enriched chicory inulin extracted from chicory roots with hot water. Chicory root fibres are the only proven plant-based prebiotics.
Benefits of using Smart Gut include:
- Support a healthy gut microbiota by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria.
- Improve bowel regularity by increasing stool frequency naturally.
- Helps to improve calcium uptake and to enhance bone mineral density.
- Helps to reduce energy intake.
- No effect on blood glucose levels / non-glycemic.
- Caloric value: 1,5kcal/g.
Smart Gut is easy to use as part of your daily routine – just add 0.5 to 1 teaspoon to your cereal, yoghurt or smoothie.
What is the difference between Prebiotics and Probiotics?
Prebiotics are food for the beneficial microbes that live in our gut. They provide health benefits for the human being by selectively promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria. Prebiotics are found naturally in some fruits and vegetables, are enriched in a variety of food products including infant formula and are available as dietary supplements. Most prebiotics is dietary fibres, but not all dietary fibres have a prebiotic effect. There is only three proven prebiotics – inulin and oligofructose from the chicory root are among them.
Probiotics, on the other hand, are live beneficial microorganisms that are consumed to increase the number of beneficial bacteria inside our gut.
Some additional reading available:
Pack-size: 350g glass bottle